Those of you in treatment for a serious illness know what this title is all about: trying to figure out what will bring recovery or remission without making you feel worse! Oh yeah. Patients battling chronic illness talk about “herxheimer reactions.” That is where either die-off or some kind of healing crisis brings on worsening of symptoms and even new, noxious symptoms. Not fun. So what is a person to do? Unless otherwise advised by your trusted healthcare practitioner, here are some things that have been helpful for me:
- Slow down your treatment protocol or take a break in treatment.
- Try only one new thing at a time and at a lower dose if possible.
- Take binders such as benonite clay, activated charcoal, chitosan, and binders of heavy metals (e.g. Intestinal Metals Detox).
- Drink extra fluids especially pure water.
- Add some hot lemon water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Eat bitter foods which help support liver and kidney drainage channels (such as select herbs, radishes, dandelion root tea).
- Do what you can to keep your bowels moving at lease once every day, minimally!
- Step up your preferred method of detox such as salt water baths, infrared sauna, colon hydrotherapy, and exercise as tolerated. Even massage, physical therapy, and chiropractic care can help release waste products trapped in your tissues.
- Add nutritional supports for detox as you can such as glutathione (or precursor of lactose-free whey powder), vitamin C-rich foods, and minerals (such as magnesium, Dead Sea salt baths, Celtic sea salt, Quinton Quintessentials, and the like).
- Make rest a priority! Healing takes a lot of energy!
- Pray. The Lord cares, hears, and will lead you unto Himself if we but call upon His name: Jesus Christ. There is no greater comfort than this Gentle Reader.
So this is where I am at these days. Last month I had to take a nasty antibiotic for the same infection and it hurt me badly so I ended it at the short end of the recommended treatment range. Then I stepped up nutritional supports before adding a new treatment. I tried to add a new biofilm-buster when treating a gut infection and reacted poorly, so I will take a break from it for now. This month I was able to tolerate hot lemon water with manuka honey which is a combo I have not tolerated in years! Changing brands of glutathione helped me to start taking this critical element in the 3 phases of detox, yeah God! Also, using a combination of binders has helped slow down some overnight convulsive episodes. I hypothesized that killing infections released toxins inside of the bacteria and fungi targeted, contributing to an increase in episodes. So these days I am really glad for the leading of the Holy Spirit, and a myriad of webinars from really smart researchers who suggested binders. “Yeah God” for the relief that has followed.
I guess then it is time for a nap. No matter that it is a beautiful day outside. Naps are a beautiful thingy too ya know. Lord willing, I am going to get well!
Take care, JJ
You must be logged in to post a comment.