So if you are gluten free, low egg and grains, dairy free, sugar/fruit free, and feeling deprived, what the heck do you eat for a snack?
Funny you should ask. Just had the second one on the list.
Here’s my top 10 list:
- Roasted nuts. Raw nuts can run the risk of mold so I get nuts either dry roasted or roasted in healthier oils. No cottonseed or canola oils please!
- Slather 2 leaves of romaine lettuce with nut butter or coconut oil and wrap them around a slice of low impact, cooked meat. Meat examples: Boar’s Head Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, cooked fish/chicken/beef, and last night’s leftovers (aka meatloaf slice!).
- Celery slathered with nut butter or coconut oil. Optional: dip in sesame/pumpkin/sunflower seeds or chopped nuts.
- Beanitos pinto bean or black bean chips. The protein and fiber grams are close to the carb grams for lower glycemic and candida impact.
- Small salad. Be sure to add some meat and a dressing with a healthy oil (organic, non-GMO when possible).
- Last night’s leftovers!
- A cup of my Protein Pudding. See Extreme Diet Recipes in the Category at the right.
- Cup of unsweetened vanilla or original almond milk with hemp (or other acceptable) protein powder, an ice cube, and a flavoring mixed in a shaker bottle (e.g. stevia, instant organic coffee crystals, cocoa, cinnamon)
- Nut butter on your finger! Chunk of avocado! Coconut oil and a flavoring mixed in a tablespoon! Or mix the first and third with protein powder and use it as a dip for veggie sticks
- Drink a big glass of snobby filtered or gourmet bottled water. You might not actually be hungry at all just thirsty . . .
Have any good suggestions of your own? Feel free to let me know. Please limit snack ideas to those that are grain, sugar, fruit, gluten, and dairy free or you’ll bum me out, man! I can’t eat that stuff right now. :J
2 thoughts on “Extreme Diet Survival: Snacks”
Love love guacamole and enjoy it often. Thanks for the post Jennifer!
Homemade Guacamole: Fresh avocado, powdered garlic, himalayan salt, lime juice, fresh finely minced cilantro.
I love eating it with things, but it is actually yummy by itself.
LOVE your lettuce wrap idea, I would like making that, with guacamole? 🙂